SOLD-1989 AM General M998 Humvee "Flo"
very original M998 HMMWV
Original 1989 Humvee HMMWV also named "High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle", produced by AM General is a great four-wheel drive and utility vehicle with an excellent on and off-road performance, the ability to carry a large payload, improved survivability against indirect fire. Compared to a jeep, it is larger and has a much wider track, with a 16 in (410 mm) ground clearance, double that of most sport-utility vehicles. The new truck climbs a 60 percent incline and traverses a 40 percent slope. We promise, this car is not only offroad-fun.
- 6.2L Diesel engine
- 3-speed automatic
- 4-wheel drive
- seats four people
- body is constructed from lightweight and rust-resistant aluminum
- all-wheel drive with an independent suspension
- helical gear-reduction hubs to allow drivetrain shafts to be raised for a full 16 inch
- body is mounted on a narrow steel frame with boxed rails and five cross members for rigidity.
- the rails act as sliders to protect the drivetrain
- double wishbone suspension with portal gear hubs on all 4 wheels
- all-around inboard disc brakes
Subject to errors and prior sale